Choir Auditions for 2022-2023
Welcome to the Office of Choral Activities at Ole Miss!
We want you to sing with us!
CHOIR AUDITION INFORMATION
ALL STUDENTS enrolled at the University of Mississippi are welcome to participate in choir! For choir placement and for choir scholarship consideration, you are offered two options:
- Video submission.
Submit a digital video utilizing the RECORDED AUDITION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES.
- In-person audition:
If you would like to audition in-person, please contact the Choral Office at 662-915-5115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Cara Jones).
- Five-note descending scales that show your top and bottom range. Sing full volume.
- Sing a prepared selection, either with accompaniment or unaccompanied – or – sing “My Country Tis of Thee” or “Star-Spangled Banner” unaccompanied.
RECORDED AUDITION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- 1) Start your video by stating your full name.
- 2) Auditions should be filmed using your cell phone.
- 3) If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create an account on the video sharing site of your choice in order to upload a video, preferably
- 4) By default, online video submissions are public and generally accessible through search results. You may wish to restrict who can view your audition recording, but you need to make sure we are able to access the video. On YouTube, setting your video to Unlisted will allow anyone with the link to view your video. We are unable to access videos set to Private. Have a family member or friend test your video link before you submit it.
- 5) Email your video link to Dr. Don Trott – email@example.com
QUESTIONS? Email Dr. Trott at firstname.lastname@example.org